Monday, May 13, 2019

Everything.


As we’ve navigated and come to terms with living in this world of the Lymies - both in CELEBRATION for long-awaited answers as well as in TURMOIL with the knowledge of how difficult this disease truly is to live with and BEAT - I can’t help but feel overwhelmed and amazed by how my Rathen Jones has handled it all. From Day 1.
Not many people know that my sweetheart only had “ME” for a short 3 months {making a point to say this is 3 months of VOLLEYBALL & FOOTBALL SEASON} so let’s just wack that time in half - for the hell of it! Which means that my incredible husband had “ME” - the girl he THOUGHT he was marrying - for a mere 1.5 months. For 6 weeks, I was the bride he chose for his eternity... and then I wasn’t. And everything changed.
So as I watch him now, 3.5 YEARS LATER - with those long eyelashes that any girl (Ehhem: ME) would KILL to have - as he sleeps next to me {never farther than approximately -6 inches away at all times} ....and I am absolutely speechless.
.
**Rathen‘s internal voice says: “FINALLY!!!” 😝🙈🤣
.
I am speechless for God’s gift to me - for placing a man with so much strength, grit, and determination mixed with a love so gentle it hurts... he loves hard and he loves completely.
And as I’ve countlessly told the world about my intimate relationship with ROCK BOTTOM and write of the many times I’ve been “knocked down”...I’ve never ONCE reached out and had to grasp thin air as I’ve fallen. 
I reach out EVERY TIME and have countlessly found HIM on my way down - Sometimes he simply holds me up, letting me lean on him for strength. - Sometimes he lifts me into his arms completely; never letting go until I’m no longer too weak to stand - and still other times, we hit the ground together, as I pull him down with me. 
But NEVER have I fallen alone. And when we do fall, he often reminds me to simply turn and look at the stars.... and he points out those glitter linings that I preach so fondly about. HE is my glitter lining; my cure on the lowest days. 
He’s my spark and that light that keeps me going. ✨ 
He’s my soul and my breath and the hands that hold my universe together. 

He’s simply.... everything. ✨

No comments:

Post a Comment