Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Her Country Roads Lead Me Home






She taught me how to drive. 
And She taught me how to cuss.
She taught me what hard 
work looks like.
And She taught me how to load more than just a dishwasher.


…Her country roads showed me my home.







She taught me that at the end of each day,
It’s OK if my feet were dirty and my hair was a mess…
as long as my eyes were sparkling like Her stars.


…Her country roads taught me about home. 



 She taught me that girls never retreat; we reload.
And She made me believe that whatever doesn’t kill me, better run.
So don’t let the makeup and perfume confuse you now,
She’s taught me how to go from makeup to mud in 3 seconds flat.


…Her country roads reminded me of home.






















Because the outside of a mountain is good for the inside of a Girl.
She has made music for those who are patient enough to listen.
and Her heartbeat can be felt in the water, trickling down the creek by that old dirt road.
And at night, Her clear Big Skies sprinkle diamonds in my hair.


...Because Her country roads lead me back home.



Some may call Her the middle of nowhere,
But I call Her the center of my world.
My home is deep in the trees, at the roots of Her Mountains.
And She may not be Heaven, but you can surely see it from here.

Because Her country roads will always be my home.



#GetUp10 #RanchGirlsDoItRIGHT #CountryGirl #Home #GodsCountry #LastBestPlace #Montana #StrongWomen #HardWork #GirlsandGuns #Reload #Unbreakable #BigSkyCountry #BigHoleValley #FishingGirls #HorsesFixEverything










* "She" is synonymous for "He" in this piece; referring to my Dad. The Ranch has always been "our" place and we hold Her a little closer to our hearts. And so, in extension, "She" wasn't the only one teaching me these things... but My Daddy did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment