Sunday, March 17, 2019

Operation: Kill Vinny: Phase 1, Day 3



Well, friends..... as you know, Vinny and I are having a pillow fight again but he cheated and filled his pillow case with freaking bricks. 

⚠️⚠️ PSA: NOVEL AHEAD!! ⚠️⚠️ 

Summarized Version: 
🎶 I’m still alive, but I’m barely breathin’ 🎶 



Let’s set the scene of how things have been going this week: 

Once upon a time, I laid my little head down at 9:30 PM with plans to “rest rest rest” just like doc had prescribed..... and before I knew it, my phone read 5:33 AM and my eyelids had yet to close.... the only ‘rest’ I felt in those 8 hours were the 2 milliseconds it took to blink every now and then. cool. 

You see, Vinny decided that 9:00 PM was a fantastic time to begin using my rib cage as a trampoline that caused a beautiful domino effect leading to extreme muscle spasms around my rib cage, down my spine and up my neck! 

Again, pleasant. Thanks, Vin. 

Little Vin was also confusing my heart for a punching bag and wreaking havoc with my heart rate, causing some fun sporadic heart palpitations... (which of course is a joy to have while trying to get to sleep! Not to mention adding an additional level of anxiety if I'm having a heart attack or stroke....?!) 

NEXT, our little Demon Friend was strumming my nerves like a damned guitar.... shooting pains down my arms to my fingertips and running up and down my spine. 

Overall, a pain filled night.... and morning! (Aaaaand generally what the last 7 days of my life have been like.) 

Oh! And I nearly forgot my favorite part.... I can’t eat. Yep, minor detail. The ulcers are back with a vengeance and they sure do like to bleed!! I’ve invented a new diet called “Anti-Bloody Mouth” where you find the softest, most bland, boring, tasteless food.... and you eat it! Very simple. 👊😀 It’s going great so far!!! 



But! Let us move to my GLITTER LININGS. Because (of course) without sleep, I gained another 10 hours of productivity!! What a blessing ✨💋

1. I had the opportunity to take a bubble bath at 5:00 AM.....because.... why not? 

2. At 6:00 AM, the fridge is pretty much FREE GAME and for once, I found a few GEMS... considering my mouth is full of bleeding ulcers and finding yummy but soft snacks has been VERY difficult. 

3. I organized all 4,569 photos in my camera roll into 17 very specific folders. 

4. Took a deep dive into Pinterest and invented a completely new definition of “falling down the rabbit hole.” 

5. Pondered life and solved all of the worlds racism, sexism, and whateverelse-isms with one profound phrase: “Treat people with 
kindness” (Just kidding, I didn’t come up with that.... Credit due: Harry Styles) ✨💋 

6. And lastly, I’ve had a lot of time to thank God over and over again that I was born with this mind and this will to FIGHT.... and to NEVER give up. 


I can’t lie and tell you I haven’t had a few dark days (Otherwise known as my "Low Valley" days) but my sunny days and "High Mountain" days are filled with gratitude and love!! 

I’m blessed to have this body that fights so hard for me and I know someday these trials will all make sense..... 

Until then: I’LL JUST KEEP GETTING UP! ✨💋


No comments:

Post a Comment